Waste Disposal Types
Waste disposal seems simple, garbage goes in the trash, and that’s it. However, there are a lot of different types of waste disposal and waste disposal containers to meet a variety of needs. From green waste to recycling to demolition waste, Atlas disposal has services and solutions to cover everything.
Atlas disposal has trash pickup services for both residential and commercial customers. We also provide trash removal services for apartment buildings and multifamily properties. Trash removal includes containers from trash bins to 10-40 cubic yard dumpsters and roll-off containers, as well as trash compactor service and maintenance.
Some waste removal is bigger than just trash. Big junk removal projects are no issue for Atlas Disposal. Whether you’re doing spring cleaning, remodeling, or changing a space to fit current needs, Atlas has dumpster rentals for all project sizes that we can drop off and pick up so you can ensure responsible disposal. All you have to do is schedule the container, tell us where to place it, fill it up, then text or call us to pick it up!
For junk removal, Atlas Disposal can accept the following items.
- Construction debris
- Estate contents
- Office furniture
- Recreational items
- Scrap metal
- Warehouse contents
- Yard waste
- And more!
Recycling Services and Sustainability
If you’re looking for ways that you or your business can be eco-conscious and increase sustainability, Atlas Disposal offers several recycling and sustainability options.
There are tons of things that can be recycled, but not everything should go in a recycling bin.
What you can recycle
- Paper products like office paper, mail, envelopes, paper bags, cardboard boxes (broken down), and magazines.
- Plastics labeled with the recycling symbol 1♻ through 3♻ including bottles (beverage, condiments, etc…), containers (detergents, shampoos, etc…), and PVC less than ½” thick.
- Aluminum and metals like food and beverage cans, empty aerosol cans, small scrap sheet metal, metal pots and pans, and clean aluminum foil (no food waste).
- Glass bottles and jars of any color can be recycled. However, glass recycling is not accepted in regular recycling bins, so you can contact Atlas Disposal to set up a glass waste recycling program for your business if needed.
What you can’t recycle
- Grocery bags are not recyclable, but most grocery stores have plastic bag return bins so they can be reused.
- Film plastics.
- Styrofoam is not recyclable, and it does not break down in landfills, making it one of the most unsustainable products. We suggest using paper-based products where possible.
- Food-soiled paper should not be recycled in traditional recycling bins. Atlas Disposal has special food and organic recycling programs for this material.
If you’re having a hard time keeping track of what is recyclable, download our FREE recycling guide and place it over your waste bins as a reminder!
Organic and Food Waste Recycling
Organic waste can break down naturally via means like composting. This type of waste includes all types of food waste and green waste like yard waste and wood waste.
Food waste includes food scraps that are fresh, frozen, spoiled, and food-soiled paper, like:
- Meat and bones
- Bread and Pasta
- Dairy products
- Coffee grounds
- Coffee filters
- Pizza boxes
- Used napkins
- Paper take-out containers
- Wax paper
Organic green waste includes:
- Floral trimmings
- Branches and stems
- Grass and lawn trimmings
- Non-painted wood
All food waste and green waste can be diverted to be reused or recycled. Some organic waste can be mixed into compost. Most of the organic waste collected by Atlas Disposal is taken to facilities that convert food waste and green waste into renewable natural gas energy. Over 60% of the Atlas Disposal fleet runs on compressed natural gas from organic waste recycling.
Atlas Disposal offers dumpster rentals to fit a variety of needs.
For commercial use, we have long-term dumpster rentals with waste management plans to meet your project’s specific needs. 80% of commercial waste can be recycled, so our team can create a customized plan to ensure waste is being handled responsibly.
For home use, we have temporary dumpster rentals for household remodeling, cleaning out your garage, or just hauling junk away. You can take your time with a full week-long rental of one of our 10 cubic yard (equal to about 30 standard-size garbage cans) up to 40 cubic yards (equivalent to about 120 standard-size garbage cans). Plus, if you need recycling in addition to waste removal, we have recycling containers for rent, too!
Atlas Disposal is Salt Lake City/Sacramento’s premier waste disposal service that can handle all types of projects from residential to commercial from junk to sustainable recycling with waste containers for all sizes of projects from trash bins to roll off dumpsters. Click here to see our waste container rental options and get a quote.